Tuesday

All Dressed Up

Last Sunday, I attended the annual CDS LA Chapter Awards Brunch at a country club in Tarzana. I received two awards in the Jr/YR category: the over-all high point award, and the individual level high point award for training level. A friend of mine who also trains with Krisi received two awards as well. Congratulations!

This awards brunch is an event that I look forward to every year, in large part because of the delicious food provided for the guests. There is an open buffet with all types of foods, ranging from sushi to an omelet bar. This year I went back not only for seconds, but for thirds (don't worry, I worked extra hard the next day at Pilates). Another reason I love going is because I get to see all the people from my barn in "civilian" clothes. They trade their breeches and paddock boots in for dresses and fancy shoes, wearing their hair down instead of tied back and covered up by a helmet.

I think it's great that the CDS Chapters put on these awards. They're a fun way to bring the dressage community together, and nicely tie up the show season before the next one begins. Speaking of which, Esso and my next show will be taking place at the LA Equestrian Center in just over two weeks... Hopefully we will be able to collect our first points for next year's awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment